How to change the wireless network password on your TP-Link router
Changing the Wireless Network Name or Password on most TP-LINK routers can be easily done through the routers web based interface by following the steps below:
1. Open your web browser (Internet Exploreer/Chrome/ Safari etc.) and type the IP address of the router in the address bar – http://tplinklogin.net or 192.168.0.1
When prompted please enter the default username, “admin” and password “admin” to log in.
2. From the menu on the left hand-side of the screen select “Wireless”. From the sub-menu select “Wireless Settings”.
3. To change the wireless network name, simply alter the text in the field “Wireless Network Name” to your new network name. Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to apply changes.
4. To change the wireless password, select “Wireless Security” from the Wireless sub-menu on the left hand side of the screen.
4. Change your wireless password, by altering the “Wireless Password” field under WPA2-PSK settings. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters. Press “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to apply changes.
5. Once you have made changes to your Wirless Network Name and Password you will need to reboot the router. To do this select “System Tools” from the lefthand menu. Then select “Reboot” from the sub-menu. Click the “Reboot” button in the main panel.
Your router should now reboot and apply the changes made. Ensure that all of your devices have been updated to connect to the new wireless network name using the new password you have selected.