We are upfront about how we manage the data usage on our network, we do not charge for excessive data use but we do slow down users that go beyond reasonable use of the network.
Our understanding is that having internet is a necessity not a privilege so from that perspective we will never cut off anyone for using over the limit. However, from time to time, you may bump up against our temporary limits.
Fair Usage Limits and how you can manage them.
Fair Usage Limits exist to keep the network usable and responsive for every one of the scheme’s members at peak times, and allow us to offer a variety of packages.
1 We only count traffic from 08:00am to Midnight
2 We increase the speed for everyone on the network from Midnight to 08:00am. We do this to encourage large downloads by night and thus relieving pressure at peak times
3. From the feedback we have received we have opted to provide a daily Fair Usage Limit rather than a monthly one so the bandwidth limiting resets every night at midnight and as above we only start counting from 08:00am. This is preferable to a monthly limit, which might get imposed early in the month.
Fair Usage Limits
|Daily Fair Usage
|Over 1.5 times
Midnight to 08:00am regardless
* Legacy packages; no longer available on the network.
** Sometimes, due to location, double speed is not available
The LEGAL BIT:
This policy, which supercedes all previous versions, should be read in conjunction with the current version of the terms and conditions of service.
Please read this policy carefully. Localhost Ltd, t/a WWCBB operates this policy in order to conduct its business in a responsible manner to enable it to provide as uninterrupted and seamless a service to its customers as is reasonably practical.
Localhost Ltd, t/a WWCBB reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by the Company should we decide that the service has been inappropriately used.
Localhost Ltd, t/a WWCBB reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. The current version of this policy will be posted on www.wwcbbb.net and it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure their awareness of any changes made to this policy.
- General Use
- The customer shall use the specified service provided under the terms of their contract with Localhost Ltd for the purposes of gaining access to the Internet, the community network and the services thereon.
- The Services may not be used to send or receive any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing; or in breach or confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights, or to knowingly send or receive any material, including computer viruses or pornography, which transgresses any laws of Ireland, whether Civil or Criminal.
- Specific Usage Limit
- Localhost Ltd t/a WWCBB operates an acceptable use limit policy with published guidelines for Internet and Community Network access, which may be also subject to any “broadband speed” monthly data transfer limits applicable to a service tier and the necessary aggregate limits we need to place on p2p-type programs. In rare cases, Localhost Ltd t/a WWCBB may find a customer to be using the Internet and/or Community Network resources to such an extent that they may jeopardise Internet and Community Network performance for other customers. In this instance Localhost Ltd t/a WWCBB reserves the right to suspend or otherwise limit the user’s service immediately and without notice &/or require them to upgrade to a higher service tier. This is intended to prevent excessive use of the resource such as by presistent heavy utilisation of p2p-type programs.
- The user may not intercept or monitor wireless network traffic.
- The user may not attempt, establish or facilitate unauthorised access to the network, resources or machines without the prior unequivocal consent of the lawful owner of that machine, resource or network.
- Using the Services to transmit unsolicited bulk email is prohibited. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are also prohibited. The precise definition of ‘bulk’ is at the sole discretion of Localhost Ltd t/a WWCBB. Recipients must always be provided with the means by which they can easily remove themselves from mailing lists should they no longer wish to receive further information.
- Using the Services to engage in activities that violate the terms of service of any other Internet or online service provider is prohibited.
- Falsifying addressing information or otherwise modifying headers to conceal the sender’s or recipient’s identity, for the purpose of circumventing these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.